District 104 is glad to appoint Mohammed Ibrahim Maracar, DTM as District Alignment Chair for the year 2017-18.
The alignment committee will study the current club growth together with the current District Directors and put forward a plan for the next program year (starting July-2018), that will serve the clubs in the most effective way possible while meeting TI policy requirements. The timeline for committee’s activities are listed below, for information:-
|December||Forms full Committee and collects background data|
|January/ February||Collects alignment changes gathering input from Area and Division Directors|
|March||Prepares Alignment Proposal and submits to District Excom for review. Changes are notified to the clubs affected.|
|27 April||District Council approved final alignment (during SATAC)|
|1-July||New alignment comes into effect|
- This realignment proposal is subject to the approval of the district council at its annual meeting on 4-May-18
- The approved alignment will be effective throughout the year (July-2018 to June-2019).
- The Realignment Plan shall serve the clubs in the most effective way possible.
- The Realignment Plan shall meet Toastmasters International Policy Requirements. Refer to Policy and Protocol, Protocol 7.0: District Structure, 1. Club Assignments.
- A division must have a minimum of three Areas
- Each AREA shall have a minimum of four clubs and no more than six clubs. However, an Area may consist of three clubs only when a concentrated effort to charter a fourth club is in process. (A prospective club shall be listed with TI)
- Under no circumstances may an AREA have more than six clubs at the beginning of the program year, July 1.
- Advanced clubs may not be segregated into Areas. (Don’t group all advanced clubs together in a single Area)
- It is recommended that areas not be segregated by language. (Don’t group all specific language clubs in a single Area)
- Once the alignment is approved during Council, any new clubs chartered thereafter will remain in those respective Areas (Keeping maximum number of clubs in an Area limited to 6)